The church edifice that currently houses St. Volodymyr Cathedral was built in 1911. St. Volodymyr Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral was organized in 1916 and moved to its present location in 1945.
Originally built for a German Lutheran parish, the church exhibits the Medieval-Gothic style of ecclesiastical architecture, characterized by pointed arches, ribbed vaults, and flying buttresses.
After St. Volodymyr's purchased the church in 1945, much of the exterior remained the same of necessity. However, great efforts were undertaken to remodel the inside, bringing a traditional Eastern-Byzantine interior design into a German-Gothic temple.
At the front of the church is the sanctuary, which contains the alter from which church services are conducted. Above the alter is a painting that depicts patron saint Prince Volodymyr presiding over the baptism of Ukraine in 988.