Washtenaw County's historic preservation program is dedicated to supporting local historic districts, spurring heritage tourism, and attracting investment in our historic resources.
The Porter Farm was settled in 1834 by Squire Michael Porter, who served as District Supervisor from 1839 to 1840.
The barn was built in 1853, and features six-over-six windows, rectangular form, and a front gable roof. The walls are random hand-split boulders that are 16 feet deep. The quoins and door and window lintels are composed of brick.
The historic resources on this driving tour are private property and meant to be enjoyed from the public right-of-way. Please do not trespass.