Washtenaw County's historic preservation program is dedicated to supporting local historic districts, spurring heritage tourism, and attracting investment in our historic resources.
William Geer arrived in the area in 1850 with his brother Watson, who later married Mary J. Pray, Esek Pray's daughter. The house, which has the typical massing of a mid-19th century one-and-a-half story house, has exposed logs in the basement. When a finer home was built on the site, this house was used as a granary, but returned to residential use after the second house burned.
The historic resources on this driving tour are private property and meant to be enjoyed from the public right-of-way. Please do not trespass.