Washtenaw County's historic preservation program is dedicated to supporting local historic districts, spurring heritage tourism, and attracting investment in our historic resources.
Frains Lake School, and the lake behind it, served the surrounding farming community from 1872 until the mid-twentieth century, when it was converted to private use.
Italianate features include a cupola on the roof top, projecting molding over window and door openings, and a transom window above the front door. The building received a rear addition in the 1990s.
The historic resources on this driving tour are private property and meant to be enjoyed from the public right-of-way. Please do not trespass.