One block north on Scott St. is The Blenman House. Built in 1878 as a private residence by Charles Rivers Drake, a former US Army officer, the Blenman House is thought to be the only example of a Victorian-style building made of mud-adobe. It was purchased in 1891 by Judge Charles Blenman and stayed in the family for over 100 years. The flagpole in the front yard is the original and was erected by Blenman. Today, the home is a popular bed and breakfast offering an enchanting ambience in the heart of downtown Tucson.