Washtenaw County's historic preservation program is dedicated to supporting local historic districts, spurring heritage tourism, and attracting investment in our historic resources.
The Dixboro Store was likely constructed during the 1870s, serving as the general store, post office, and a buying/trading site for surplus farm products. The rear one-story barn was once a garage and blacksmith shop.
In 1924, the main building received a 1.5 story shed roofed addition to accommodate a dance floor for entertainment.
The historic resources on this driving tour are private property and meant to be enjoyed from the public right-of-way. Please do not trespass.