Washtenaw County's historic preservation program is dedicated to supporting local historic districts, spurring heritage tourism, and attracting investment in our historic resources.
Dixboro School replaced an earlier school building and was built on green land set aside in 1825 for the Dixboro School and Church.
During the 1930s two front entry doors were combined to make one central door, and the cloak rooms were converted into bathrooms. The school remained in operation until 1958 when it was sold by the Ann Arbor Public Schools to the Dixboro Church.
The historic resources on this driving tour are private property and meant to be enjoyed from the public right-of-way. Please do not trespass.