The Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site plays host to St. George’s Anglican Church, a significant feature in the colonial period of the area. The sanctuary, originally built in 1717, received authorization from the General Assembly in 1733 to construct a larger church onto which the bell tower was added in 1751. Through the centuries the church bore the brunt of fires and earthquakes and eventually fell into a state of disrepair. The bell tower is now the only feature that remains of the structure. A surviving cypress window frame was recently under attack from carpenter bees and woodpeckers.
The window frame was deinstalled from the site and brought to the WLCC for fumigation. In addition to the conservation work, WLCC researchers digitally documented the tower as well as the frame window as a part of the conservation documentation process.