Well, we broke even last year so let's do this again.
1 mile for $100. And some beer.
Come by Turtle Swamp Brewery on Father's Day, run a mile with the fine people of Hold My Beer Racing, and then back to the Brewery for a cold one on the house.
- $100 each the winners of the men's and women's races. ($101 if you beat the defending champ. Tip your bartender)
- Turtle Swamp crowlers to 2nd and 3rd place in each race
- New! Last year a guy named Reuben won the JV heat and we have felt bad for a full 12 months that we had no prize for him. So this year the JV race winners each get a sandwich, in Reuben's honor. Or whatever the food trucks at TSB are serving. Or I guess you could get a bagel at Exodus? Anyway it's on us. Reuben, if you return you can have lunch, too.
Grab your dad and come on out to run the finest event in all of sport: 5,280 unpaved feet of fun.
- Gather at TSB at 11. Stash your stuff
- Head up to Franklin Park and race around 12ish
- Right on back to the Brewery for beers and prizes
- Hopefully this goes without saying but your call on whether the men's race or the women's race is the race for you. The IAAF and CAS can suck it. And Caster Semenya drinks for free at this event. However in the matter of whether you're in the varsity or JV race we rule with an iron fist and will tolerate no complaining. Ok that's all.